japhyjunket
THE SIDEBAR


9.04.2002
btw- no sign of Jill left. She's just vanished. Like smoke. I think I'll go read Murakami's latest book (or latest translation, rather), 'After the Quake' at B&N tommorow. I doubt it will help me find Jill, but it's almost like finding her. Jill, where did you go? Have you turned into a sparrow or a karaoke song? What would being a karaoke song be like; everyone always singing your lines for you? I can imagine some poor Japanese girl trapped, riding on a speedboat rocketing across Tokyo Bay, surrounded by soft haze, staring out at the terrible production values all around her and when she opens her mouth to sing 'I Will Always Love You', a song she hates, it's not her voice, but the haggard man-boy bagpipe belch of some drunken wall street tycoon out trying to impress his Montclair rich-bitch with his ability to show his sensitive side through song. Jill, please don't become a karoake song. Where are you?




Comments: Post a Comment