japhyjunket
THE SIDEBAR


7.03.2004
The Gothamist Interview In which our hero pretends to be famous I love the Gothamist. Well, actually, I love Gawker, but the Gothamist is a close second, honest. The semi-snarky blog has graciously listed its most popular interview questions, so that lesser lights like me can answer said questions and thereby pretend, that I, in fact, am Gothamist worthy. Let's pretend now I'm sitting at Teany with some black-plastic bespectacled hipster. He rubs his lips and with his pasty hand pulls out the Cross pen his Aunt Sylvie gave him for graduation. Leaning in, he asks: - 9pm, Wednesday - what are you doing? Well, I've been on the road for the last six weeks, so most likely it would be driving through a mountain range smoking cigarettes. Back in New York, I'd be getting ready. Who goes out at 9pm? - What's your New York motto? "Come fly a plane into us!" - What happened the last time you went to LA? I moved there. - If you could change one thing about New York, what would it be? The climate. No, the people. Actually, the architecture is pretty hum-drum too. Other than that, it's pretty swell. - Not including Manhattan, what is your favorite neighborhood? Who leaves Manhattan? I'd say L.I.C. - What is your favorite NYC bar? The Slide. Daniel Nardicio is the only promoter I know who can pull off getting East Village hipsters into a pick-up truck filled with hay. - Where is the best beach? In New York. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! - In your opinion, what is the best slice of pizza in New York? Oh, this one's easy- Como Pizza. It's up in Washington Heights, is a hole-in-the-wall filled with posters for Disney World and has been run by the same family for fourty years. Patsy's is way too upscale for New York pizza. Como has the cardboard crust floated with a soft ocean of cheese thing down to perfection. - What is the longest subway ride you've ever taken? (Meaning time and/or distance) I commuted from Washington Heights to Flatbush every day for two years. It taught me the value of having headphones (ie: idiot filters) on at all times.




Comments: Post a Comment