japhyjunket
THE SIDEBAR


6.28.2006
BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER Read this brief preface by the Author From 2002-2004, Japhyjunket was my blog. For a number of reasons, I closed up shop and after a nine month hiatus, started a new blog: The Modern Romantic. It's probably where you want to go. This site isn't entirely uninteresting, however. It began in January of 2002, three months after 9/11 and my very personal responses to that event make up the majority of this blog. The period of time it covers has been defining for me and for many. It chronicles the "new normal", the threat of war and finally, war itself. For me, this is the period of time starts just before my ex and I broke-up and ends just after I moved to Los Angeles. I suppose this is my portrait of the artist as a young and terrified man. A lot of who I am today can be read into these sometimes panicked jabs at understanding what was happening to my world and to myself- and truth be told, a lot of it was wonderful, too. If this sounds like something you'd like to waste a few moments on, you can scroll down (all the posts are on this page) or browse through the archive, but to help you out, here are some of the posts which most interest me in retrospect. A Selected List of Posts Worth Reading (Please note that the quirkiness of this blog's code means that you have to scroll down to the bottom to read the text) I really wanted to bury this blog for a while, but looking back on it now, there's plenty of wince inducing moments, but also bits of writing and phrases that stick like shards of glass in my brain. I've cleaned up the code and got rid of the password protection I put up to ward people off. I created my new site to take a step away from the person who wrote Japhyjunket: depressed, cynical, manic and incapable of follow-through, but now that I've got some distance on kid, he seems alright. -Japhy Grant Los Angeles




Comments: Post a Comment